attentional control using fixation mark

Using the Design panel.

attentional control using fixation mark

Postby jjt » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm

I am trying to use the fixation mark feature in version 1.2 and after to control attention. The idea is to have run a concurrent attention-demanding task independent of the rest of the stimulus. It seems that designer has already anticipated this need and has built in a very nice way to support it. By specifying two fixation marks and their duration and probability using the system variables FIXDURATION and FIXPROB, one can display a stochastically varying fixation mark to which subject has to push a key to indicate a change. However, I was able to get part-way to the solution. The trouble is how to log the responses to verify the subject's behavior.

I have tried yes-no procedure but couldn't find the response log. Next I tried the discrimination procedure in order use the option "record multiple responses" -- thinking that I need multiple responses per trial. Still couldn't get response logging. It is possible that I am not using these procedures as intended. But it seems like the design of the feature allows for response logging.

I attached my code.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Attachments
testFix.epkmx.zip
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 1818 times
jjt

Return to Experimental Design